Every day, Advocate Health Care meets the health needs of more than two million individuals, families and communities across the Chicagoland area and Central Illinois. Unfortunately, patient fees alone do not cover the cost of care. As a not-for-profit organization, Advocate relies on philanthropy to help expand access to care, enhance our patients’ experience, enable innovation and improve health outcomes.
Advocate’s charity running team is a unique opportunity to fundraise for a meaningful cause and build comradery among your employees all while training for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Each runner who joins our charity running team will receive entry to the Chicago Marathon, training through Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) and other team benefits.How you can participate?
- Encourage your employees to join Advocate’s charity running team as an individual runner
- Get a group of runners together from your organization to form a team
- Offer your associates an opportunity to volunteer at various Chicago Marathon events with Advocate Health Care
Registration is $1,500 per runner and includes:
- Free entry fee (otherwise $195 domestic/$220 international) to the Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Comprehensive 18-week training plan, running schedule and weekly updates
- Your choice of marathon training provided by CARA or virtual training for participants who live outside of Illinois
- Weekend group long runs provided at 11 training locations throughout the city and suburbs
- Mid-week runs at a variety of locations throughout the city and suburbs
- Complimentary speed workouts, to increase your running speed, offered three times per week
- CARA membership that includes reduced fees at over 100 Chicagoland races and a one-year subscription to Runner’s World magazine
- Charity running team dri-fit running shirt
- Personal fundraising webpage and tips on how to raise funds
- Race day team tent with gear check, food, drinks and more
Advocate Health Care is also looking for individuals or groups who can be on site at the Chicago Marathon Health & Fitness Expo and on race day. Volunteers interact with visitors at the Advocate Health Care booth and hospitality tent. All volunteers will receive a charity running team shirt to wear during their shift.
As a sponsor of Advocate Health Care's charity running team, you are aligning your brand with a world-class health system that focuses on improving health and impacting communities. Join other area business leaders as they work to expand access to care and create a real difference in the communities we serve. Your generous support and participation in this event helps us to fulfill our mission.
For more information on corporate teams, sponsorships or volunteer opportunities, please contact, Jenny Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630.929.6920.