Advocate greatly values its charity running team members. The fundraising minimum to participate in the 2021 Bank of America Chicago Marathon charity running team is set by Bank of America and is determined on the drawing of the lottery.
Fundraising minimum requirements are as follows: *
- $1,250 if you register before the lottery drawing (before January 2021)
- $1,750 if you register post lottery drawing (after February 2021)
- $1,250 if you gained entry through the lottery, are a legacy runner, or time qualifier
As recognition of your hard work, all participants will receive:
- Waived entry fee to the Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Comprehensive 18-week training plan, running schedule and weekly updates
- Your choice of marathon training provided by Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) or virtual training for participants who live outside of Illinois **
- Weekend group long runs provided at 11 training locations throughout the city and suburbs
- Mid-week runs at a variety of locations throughout the city and suburbs
- Complimentary speed workouts, to increase your running speed, offered three times per week
- CARA membership that includes reduced fees at over 100 Chicagoland races and a one-year subscription to Runner's World magazine
- Charity running team technical running shirt
- A customizable personal fundraising webpage and tips on how to raise funds
- Prizes for reaching various fundraising goals
** A minimum of $300 fundraised is required before receiving CARA membership.
To learn more about the CARA membership provided in our benefits, please visit their website.