Advocate greatly values its charity running team members. The fundraising minimum to participate in the 2018 Bank of America Chicago Marathon charity running team is set by Bank of America and is determined on the drawing of the lottery.
Fundrasing minimum requirements are as follows: *
- $1,000 if you register before the lottery drawing (before 2 pm on November 28, 2017)
- $1,500 if you register post lottery drawing (after 2:01 pm on November 28, 2017)
- $1,000 if you gained entry through the lottery, are a legacy runner, or time qualifier ($195 fundraising credit will be applied)
As recognition of your hard work, all participants will receive:
- Waived entry fee of $195 domestic/$220 international to the Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Comprehensive 18-week training plan, running schedule and weekly updates
- Your choice of marathon training provided by Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) or virtual training for participants who live outside of Illinois **
- Weekend group long runs provided at 11 training locations throughout the city and suburbs
- Mid-week runs at a variety of locations throughout the city and suburbs
- Complimentary speed workouts, to increase your running speed, offered three times per week
- CARA membership that includes reduced fees at over 100 Chicagoland races and a one-year subscription to Runner's World magazine
- Charity running team dri-fit running shirt
- "Support crew" item for friends/family
- A customizable personal fundraising webpage and tips on how to raise funds
- Race day team tent with gear check, food, drinks and more
- Prizes for reaching various fundraising goals
- Participants raising $1,000 or more will become a member of Advocate's Presidents Society
- Advocate employees participating in Healthe You will recieve 200 points on the completion of the race and fundraising requirements
** A minimum of $300 fundraised is required before receiving CARA membership.
To learn more about the CARA membership provided in our benefits, please visit their website.